Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Notion Ink Adam: Bug Report 1

     The Adam is a great device, but as I have said before, the software has some issues with it. Don't let this discourage you from buying one if you had the notion. I've been using it for a few weeks, and I love it. The purpose in pointing out the bugs is to make other people aware of them, and hopefully Notion Ink might see this (or maybe someone could send them an email about this) to fix the software to make it grand.
1. Browser
     The NI browser is pretty great except for a few things. The hardware search button has no effect in the browser meaning you have to open a new tab to google something. Opening a new tab is easy, but 2/3 of the time, tab switching causes the browser to force close. I avoid tab switching at all cost, because I know that my work will probably disappear.

2. Sniffer
     This one is minor. The nice progress bar style image that shows how much memory has been used is wrong. It thinks the SD card is the Adam memory, and it shows it as overflowing. Also, any apps that use the SD think the internal flash is the SD card. Just a slight annoyance.

3. Battery Life
     I won't go as far as saying it's bad, but it isn't good either. It'll last me a few days on stand-by, and (I'm guessing) four - seven hours of video playback. A dive into the battery usage shows the problem. 70% of the battery drain comes from cell stand-by. I wouldn't mind that so much if I had an Adam with 3G, but I have the wifi only model.This has been pointed out before, and I'm Notion Ink will come to the rescue on this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with respect to me and anyone to read this blog.